This Just In...
Our 2015-16 school calendar has been recently adopted. To view a copy of the entire calendar, click here
. Here are some key dates for next year:
- September 2, 2015 - First day of school for students
- December 21, 2015-January 1, 2016 - Christmas Break
- March 3 & 4, 2016 - Mid-Winter Break
- April 4 - 8, 2016 - Spring Break
- June 16, 2016 - Last day of school for students
Capital Facilities Bond
Please remember to mail in your ballot on or before April 28th!
The Lynden School District can expect to see a ballot measure in April, 2015 that addresses urgent needs in the Lynden Middle School and Fisher Elementary School buildings. The $48,000,000 capital facility bond request will address problems of outdated facilities and enhance our children's learning environment and security.
The bond will address the following items:
An Enhanced Elementary School
- Replace and remodel Fisher Elementary School on the current site
- Student capacity - 500/60,000 Sq. Ft.
- $21,000,000 - Project cost
- <$4,000,000> - State construction assistance
- $17,000,000 - Local share
A New Middle School
- Build a new school on previously purchased Line Road property
- Student capacity - 750/110,000 Sq. Ft.
- $43,000,000 - Project cost
- <$12,000,000> - State construction assistance
- $31,000,000 - Local share
$64,000,000 - Total project costs for both schools
<$16,000,000> - State match
$48,000,000 - BOND AMOUNT
For more information, please visit our District website.
Important Dates for the 2014-15 School Year
- Class Lists Posted: August 22, 2014 (3:00pm)
- Classroom Visits: August 26, 2014 (2:30-3:15pm)
- First Day of School: August 27, 2014
- Winter Break: December 22, 2014 - January 2, 2015
- Mid-Winter Break: March 5 & 6, 2015
- Spring Break: April 6-10, 2015
- Graduation: June 5, 2015
- Last Day of School: June 12, 2015
- Snow Days: January 16, 2015; May 26, 2015; June 15, 2015; June 16, 2015