Orange Ruler Fun Run Fundraiser
Isom is excited to announce our Spring fundraiser, the Orange Ruler Fun Run. This program will last for approximately three weeks beginning with our kick-off assembly scheduled for Tuesday, March 10th.
We are confident that we've put together a fun-filled experience for our children and school that focuses on teamwork, staying active and believing in yourself. This program will help us raise ASB funds that will be used for funding yearbooks, the end-of-the-year inflatable celebration, an upgrade to our cafeteria's audio/visual system and other priorities identified by the students themselves.
Some important dates:
- Tuesday, March 10th - Kick-off Assembly
- Tuesday, March 31st - Donation turn-in day
- Thursday, April 2nd - Orange Ruler Fun Run (Kindergarten-2nd Grades, 1:40-2:20pm; Grades 3-5, 2:30-3:05pm)
Please be on the lookout for the Orange Ruler parent letter and donation envelope which will be coming home with your child on March 10th.
For more information about this program, please visit their website.
Legion of Learners
Our students have been learning about different character qualities through the use of our Legion of Learners super heroes. To learn more about those qualities, please click here
Capital Facilities Bond
The Lynden School District can expect to see a ballot measure in April, 2015 that addresses urgent needs in the Lynden Middle School and Fisher Elementary School buildings. The $48,000,000 capital facility bond request will address problems of outdated facilities and enhance our children's learning environment and security.
The bond will address the following items:
An Enhanced Elementary School
- Replace and remodel Fisher Elementary School on the current site
- Student capacity - 500/60,000 Sq. Ft.
- $21,000,000 - Project cost
- <$4,000,000> - State construction assistance
- $17,000,000 - Local share
A New Middle School
- Build a new school on previously purchased Line Road property
- Student capacity - 750/110,000 Sq. Ft.
- $43,000,000 - Project cost
- <$12,000,000> - State construction assistance
- $31,000,000 - Local share
$64,000,000 - Total project costs for both schools
<$16,000,000> - State match
$48,000,000 - BOND AMOUNT
For more information, please visit our District website.
Important Dates for the 2014-15 School Year
- Class Lists Posted: August 22, 2014 (3:00pm)
- Classroom Visits: August 26, 2014 (2:30-3:15pm)
- First Day of School: August 27, 2014
- Winter Break: December 22, 2014 - January 2, 2015
- Mid-Winter Break: March 5 & 6, 2015
- Spring Break: April 6-10, 2015
- Graduation: June 5, 2015
- Last Day of School: June 12, 2015
- Snow Days: January 16, 2015; May 26, 2015; June 15, 2015; June 16, 2015